A Thames Water Build over Agreement is a quality label for proposed work and will generally be required for all excavation work within 3 metres of a public canal or flow. Any nearby pipeline you want to build in could have an impact on the design, so it`s best to know where the pipes are when you plan to avoid delays and additional costs. If you`re not sure how you`re going to do it, we`re here to help. More information about the assigned and unassigned tubes can be found below. Take our online quiz and find out if you qualify for a free self-certified construction agreement. This agreement is free and will be sent to you immediately by email. If pipes are located near the building you want to build in, this could have an impact on the design of the building. In addition to reviewing the municipality`s building rules, it is important that you work with us to ensure that the pipes are protected and that our access to the municipality is not restricted. If you cannot safely answer any of the questions asked in our online questionnaire or in the questions above, or if you know you are not qualified, you need an approved construction agreement. Wells also cannot be built because of the increased risk of flooding and olfactory nuisance caused by internal wells. Where possible, wells should be removed and crossed. If it is not possible to build a well outside a building, we can discuss alternatives when we receive your application.

If you are building within three metres of a public channel (a tube that serves more than one property), then you must file an application with Thames Water. So how do you know if you have public pipes within 3 meters of your property? They have no radiological vision; How would you know what`s hidden under your garden furniture and flower beds? Well, there are a few options that are open to you to find out. If you have a lot of time available, you can visit your local council and check out their channel maps. Alternatively, you can pay an „Asset Location Search“ from the Thames Water Property Searches team to find out if your work is 3 metres from a public channel. This fee may vary a bit, but for a typical Victorian terrace, it is around the $60 mark. Another option is to wait for your builder to start the fieldwork. Once the pipes are cleared, most contractors will be able to tell you if you have a public or private channel. It is interesting to note that there is a part of the application that asks if your work started in the field. You are not penalized for starting out before the application is filed, but you run a low risk of Thames Water requesting changes to your plans.

This provides the location of known water and/or sewer lines, including pipe dimensions and flow direction. Pipe depths and recovery levels are provided when data is available. With regard to taking into account the impact of the new foundations and the current requirements of the construction law, which stipulates that the new foundations must have a depth of at least one metre. The depth of these foundations and the extra weight of the new structure can lead to broken leaks or pipes, which can lead to flooding.